International Undergraduate Student Admission
For more information, please download our booklet HERE.
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) welcomes applications from international students to study at the university in a wide range of undergraduate (Bachelor’s Degree) programmes. There are two intakes per year for international students to pursue undergraduate study at UNIMAS as listed below:
FEBRUARY INTAKE : BEFORE July
SEPTEMBER INTAKE : BEFORE January
- Completed application form (as mentioned above);
- Certified true copies of A-Level and OLevel results or equivalents;
- Certified copies of Official High School / College transcripts;
- Certified clear copies of RELEVANT pages of International Passport; and
- Certified English proficiency results: IELTS / TOEFL / CBT / IBT / Others
For info on Programme Fees, please refer here.
Admission into any undergraduate programme is based primarily on academic performance and standardized grades in the relevant subjects. A few of the minimum qualifications according to country of origin are listed here. You can also apply with other equivalent qualifications. Extra-curricular activities, specific talents as well as other factors are also taken into consideration.
Interested applicants should have these following qualification:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Scheme) score of 5.5 or;
- TOEFL (test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500 or;
- CBT (computer-based TOEFL) score of 173 or;
- IBT (internet-based TOEFL) minimum score of 60 or
- English Language requirement may be satisfied for applicants who have successfully completed full time secondary or tertiary studies or equivalent qualification where the language of instruction and assessment was in English. Academic transcript and an official letter from the institution certifying that English was the medium of instruction and assessment must be provided.
If you have fulfilled the University’s requirements for undergraduate programme but do NOT meet the minimum requirements for English proficiency as stated below, a Conditional Offer Letter will be issued to you. The Conditional Offer Letter requires you to enroll in the Intensive English Language Programme (IELP). Students who pass the Intensive English Language Programme can pursue their full time undergraduate programme commencing in June intake (based on IELP result).
For your information, programmes in Faculty of Engineering are offered for every September intake only.
Note: International students are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves throughout their study in Malaysia.