UNIMAS Student Mobility Programme (Outbound)
The Student Mobility Programme aims at providing UNIMAS students high quality educational experiences by exposing them to different culture and learning environment overseas through exchange programme, summer programme, short study, internship, industrial training and volunteering programme. It is also aimed at promoting international friendship and exposing them to other systems of higher learning that are competitive and challenging.Over the years, many UNIMAS students have the opportunity to embark on a unique experience through our Student Mobility Programme.
UNIMAS Student Exchange Programme is for Malaysian citizen to partner universities around the globe.Applicants must be Full Time Undergraduate of UNIMAS, have completed at least 2 semesters of their studies at UNIMAS, and have good academic standing with a minimum CGPA of 2.75. Interested applicants are advised to discuss with their mentor or programme coordinator related to courses. Postgraduate students may also apply with approval from their supervisor.
Outgoing exchange students must prove that they have sufficient fund to support themselves while studying abroad. Some countries (South Korea, Japan and Australia) have strict regulation on funding before the VISA approval. UNIMAS may provide financial aid to support outgoing students for their flight ticket and living allowances (One-off Payment)-note that the amount may not cover all of your expenditures throughout the exchange period. The amount for financial aid is available in the "Buku Panduan Mobiliti". Outgoing exchange students must abide by the Partner University’s rules and regulations. The minimum period of study is one (1) semester and the maximum period must not be more than one (1) year or two (2) semesters.
The applicants are required to fill up the application form for Student Exchange Programme (Outbound).Applicants who wish to be part of Exchange/Industrial Training/Internship/Elective programme, may proceed by completing the OUTBOUND APPLICATION FORM . Applicants may also obtain the form from the UNIMAS Global office on 3RD Floor, Chancellory Building. Some applications may require the applicants to fill up the application form of the partner university.
Applicants are required to submit the Application for Student Exchange Programme (Outgoing) form with the following:
- Latest academic transcript (complete)
- Passport size photo (recent)
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV)
- Evidence of English proficiency or a Letter from the Faculty as well as (certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/SPM 1119 paper)
- A copy of Passport (photostatted copy of the front page)
- Any other relevant documents, if requested by the host university i.e. Reference Letter from student’s Academic Adviser supporting the application
Applications must be submitted to the Faculty Office (Deputy Dean of Academic) for approval before the due date of the nearest intake of the partner university. The approved application will be forwarded to UNIMAS International Office for nomination before the deadline. The number of exchange intake depends on the MoA between UNIMAS and partner university.The decision on approval and other related matters will be made by the UNIMAS Students Exchange Committee. The Committee may call students for interview before making the final selection. Finally, the nominated names will be sent to the partner university once approved.
Offer letter to the successful applicants will be issued by the partner university and UNIMAS International will facilitate the pre-departure arrangements for the successful students by giving pre-departure briefing, assist with matters such as visa application, and health insurance.
Interested applicants are strongly advised to find out more information on the process of application from the Partner University website; consult your faculty programme coordinator for academic advice(especially on credit transfer) or simply download the Student Mobility Guidebook (Outbound) Click here
Note: Students who have completed their mobility programme are required to fill up the Course/Grade/Credit Transfer Form (PDF/MS Word ) and submit along with the course syllabus or course outline to your faculty for approval.
UNIMAS students who are interested to go for an exchange programme may refer to the list of partner universities as stated below:
- Deakin University
- New England University
- Yunnan University
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Groupe ESC Troyes
- Universite De Limoges
- Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
- Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya
- Universitas Sebelas Maret
- Binus University
- Universitas Pelangka Raya
- Sekolah Tinggi Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan (STKIP) Persada Khatulistiwa Sintang
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- University of Sannio
- Kitakyushu University
- Reitaku University
- Graduate School of Economics & Business Administration, Reitaku University (GRADUATE level)
- Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- The Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies Kyoto University
- Utsunomiya University
- Meiji University
- University of Malta
- Cooperative University (Thanlyn)
- Qurtuba University of Science and IT
- Cecos University of IT & Emerging Sciences
- Dongseo University
- Sookmyung Women's University
- University of Colombo
- Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Fatih University
- University of South Florida
- Winston-Salem State University